Rockford, Illinois | Greencastle of Mulford
Embrace Living Communities is a certified “GREAT PLACE TO WORK” and is one of the top 5 “BEST WORKPLACES IN AGING SERVICES”. We are a 125+ year-old, faith-based, non-profit organization dedicated to support seniors and people with disabilities by helping them age with dignity in affordable and welcoming communities that embrace living.
Uses environmentally safe chemicals to clean all public and common areas in the housing community. Cleans vacant units prior to move-in of new residents. Assists maintenance staff with routine tasks designed to ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained environment. Supports the Embrace Living Communities wellness culture that encourages active aging and “living well.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Creates a respectful living environment for seniors and physically challenged individuals that is aligned with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Works collaboratively with assigned housing community employees to promote harmonious relations among residents, employees, families and partners.
- Cleans, disinfects, sweeps, mops, scrubs, dusts, vacuums, washes, polishes and wipes walls, floors and surfaces in common areas such as hallways, stairs, laundry room and office spaces in compliance with standards and established schedule. Cleans areas requiring unscheduled service as needed. Empties and removes trash. Cleans refrigerators and ovens in common areas.
- Cleans public restrooms to maintain proper sanitary condition and maintains adequate supplies of soap, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Cleans vacant apartments after a resident move-out and completes any needed maintenance work prior to the new resident move-in.
- Performs light maintenance duties such as replacing batteries as needed.
- Removes litter from building grounds.
- Report damage or areas of safety concern to management and maintenance.
- Follows the policies and procedures identified in the Plant Ops Manual.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets for all related products and adhere to OSHA safety requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Works cooperatively with assigned housing community employees to ensure the housing community is maintained to its highest standard in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
- Commits to organizational growth & sustainable building practices, energy efficiency and green product use where prudent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED; requires knowledge of communicating respectfully with seniors and/or people with special housing needs.
- Competitive wages
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
- 401 K
- Generous paid time off policy
- Observe National Holidays
- Promotes growth, both personally and professionally in a faith-based organization that rewards and recognizes all its employees.